Liberty, Opportunity, Prosperity
New Mexico’s free-market liberty-oriented think tank and research institute.
The Legislature is now in session. Track your senators, representatives, and bills with the Freedom Index.
Your Voice for Liberty
Navigate the constantly changing political landscape in New Mexico with sound research and weekly email updates from the Rio Grande Foundation. Subscribe today!
The High Road to Freedom…
Help put New Mexico on the high road to freedom by making a generous donation to the Rio Grande Foundation. The Foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Contributions are fully tax deductible.
Tipping Point New Mexico
Tipping Point New Mexico is the official podcast of the Rio Grande Foundation that addresses public policy issues facing New Mexico, hosted by Paul Gessing, President of the Rio Grande Foundation, and Wally Drangmeister.
310 Gubernatorial Candidate – Jay Block – Tipping Point New Mexico
- 310 Gubernatorial Candidate – Jay Block
- 309 Media Mistakes, Oil & Gas Moratorium, Censorship, Space Race and more
- 308 Jeffrey Smith of New Mexico Copper Company discusses the importance and challenges of mining in NM
- 307 CD 1 Election Results Analysis, NM All Turquoise, MLG Announces for Reelection, Student Athletes and Masks
Errors of Enchantment
Errors of Enchantment is the official blog of the Rio Grande Foundation that addresses public policy issues facing New Mexico.
- This week a federal judge (much to the consternation of radical environmentalists) voided the Biden Administration’s moratorium on oil and gas permitting on federal lands. The news so far in 2021 for New Mexico and the oil and gas industry had been mixed, but this decision, if it holds, could make 2021 a watershed moment […]
- Gov. Lujan Grisham claims that based on its relatively high vaccination rate, she is doing a good job of battling COVID 19. The Rio Grande Foundation on the other hand has long held that Gov. Lujan Grisham has done a poor job of handling COVID 19. In fact, we laid out an alternative approach to […]
- The United States Federal Government mandates retention rules for private sector entities. This is prevalent in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Section 164.316(b)(1) HIPAA requires that organizations: “(i) Maintain the policies and procedures implemented to comply with this subpart in written (which may be electronic) form; and (ii) if an action, activity […]
- Albuquerque’s homeless situation continues to spiral out of control while some “leaders” want to institutionalize “homeless” encampments around the City in yet another effort to make homelessness an even greater problem. Mayor Keller has also proven himself to be woefully unprepared to address the problem. Driving from I-40 to Downtown is one of the “best” […]
Who we are…
We are building a New Mexico where liberty, opportunity, and prosperity flourish.
The mission of the Rio Grande Foundation is to increase liberty and prosperity for all of New Mexico by informing citizens of the importance of individual freedom, limited government, and economic opportunity.