Liberty, Opportunity, Prosperity
New Mexico’s free-market liberty-oriented think tank and research institute.
The Legislature is now in session. Track your senators, representatives, and bills with the Freedom Index.
Your Voice for Liberty
Navigate the constantly changing political landscape in New Mexico with sound research and weekly email updates from the Rio Grande Foundation. Subscribe today!
The High Road to Freedom…
Help put New Mexico on the high road to freedom by making a generous donation to the Rio Grande Foundation. The Foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Contributions are fully tax deductible.
Tipping Point New Mexico
Tipping Point New Mexico is the official podcast of the Rio Grande Foundation that addresses public policy issues facing New Mexico, hosted by Paul Gessing, President of the Rio Grande Foundation, and Wally Drangmeister.
277 Haaland Hearing, Oil & Gas to Texas, Facebook Subsidy, Legislative Session Halfway Home and more – Tipping Point New Mexico
- 277 Haaland Hearing, Oil & Gas to Texas, Facebook Subsidy, Legislative Session Halfway Home and more
- 276 Christian Robey and Media Research Center tackle big media/tech censorship of conservatives
- 275 Covid-19 Yellow, Back to School?, Good, Bad and Ugly Bills, Frozen Windmills, Crime and more
- 274 New Mexico Gun Legislation – Zachary Fort
Errors of Enchantment
Errors of Enchantment is the official blog of the Rio Grande Foundation that addresses public policy issues facing New Mexico.
- The two-tiered nature of New Mexico’s economy is displayed in stark relief in the budget being voted on today in the New Mexico House. While many private sector workers, especially low wage workers have lost their jobs thanks to Gov. Lujan Grisham’s COVID-induced lockdown, State workers in New Mexico are in line for a nice […]
- This week, President Biden’s nominee for secretary of the Interior, New Mexico congresswoman Deb Haaland, is up for confirmation in the Senate. Haaland, a self-described “progressive,” and a member of the Pueblo of Laguna, would, if confirmed, become the first Native American to head Interior. The Department manages approximately 500 million acres of surface land, or […]
- As if New Mexico students didn’t already face serious challenges, see this quote from the New York Times (which, to their credit has been pushing for schools to reopen). Unfortunately, you can’t embed the map here, but as of Feb. 22, New Mexico schools are among the least reopened in the entire nation, a situation that is […]
- The Rio Grande Foundation provided testimony to the House Judiciary Committee yesterday evening as it considered House Bill 166, a bill banning ghost guns and 3D printing. A ghost gun is a term for a typically homemade or improvised firearm that lacks commercial serial numbers, making these firearms harder to trace. There are laws already […]
Who we are…
We are building a New Mexico where liberty, opportunity, and prosperity flourish.
The mission of the Rio Grande Foundation is to increase liberty and prosperity for all of New Mexico by informing citizens of the importance of individual freedom, limited government, and economic opportunity.