Liberty, Opportunity, Prosperity
New Mexico’s free-market liberty-oriented think tank and research institute.
The Legislature is now in session. Track your senators, representatives, and bills with the Freedom Index.
Your Voice for Liberty
Navigate the constantly changing political landscape in New Mexico with sound research and weekly email updates from the Rio Grande Foundation. Subscribe today!
The High Road to Freedom…
Help put New Mexico on the high road to freedom by making a generous donation to the Rio Grande Foundation. The Foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Contributions are fully tax deductible.
Tipping Point New Mexico
Tipping Point New Mexico is the official podcast of the Rio Grande Foundation that addresses public policy issues facing New Mexico, hosted by Paul Gessing, President of the Rio Grande Foundation, and Wally Drangmeister.
298 Ana Garner – Legal Challenge to Governor Lujan Grisham’s COVID-19 Response – Tipping Point New Mexico
- 298 Ana Garner – Legal Challenge to Governor Lujan Grisham’s COVID-19 Response
- 297 Census is Out, Why New Mexico Barely Grew and more
- 296 David Clements – 2020 Election Issues, Critical Race Theory in Academia and more
- 295 COVID-19 and Science, Spaceport, Bernalillo County, Another Plastic Bag Ban and more
Errors of Enchantment
Errors of Enchantment is the official blog of the Rio Grande Foundation that addresses public policy issues facing New Mexico.
- The Rio Grande Foundation is happy to see Gov. MLG (finally) moving to reopen New Mexico by bringing more counties into the Turquoise (most free) level in her recently-released framework. But we have never bought into her concept and consider the data below one of the reasons why. The Gov.’s framework is based on three […]
- Recently the US Census Bureau published data on a variety of population issues. New Mexico’s Legislative Finance Committee apparently received the data early and had a paper with further analysis ready to go upon the Bureau’s release. I have included a few charts from the paper below with additional commentary. Most notably New Mexico’s population growth […]
- Tipping Point NM episode 298: Ana Garner – Legal Challenge to Governor Lujan Grisham’s COVID-19 ResponseOn this week’s interview, Paul sits down with Ana Garner a New Mexico-based attorney with NM Stands Up! Garner and Gessing discuss the need for change in the way Gov. Lujan Grisham has controlled the State and its response to COVID 19. Garner and her organization are suing the Gov. and working to obtain support for […]
- MLG completely revamps her emergency orders. Overall, the situation is much better. Moving to full opening by late June depending on vaccination progress; Youth sports outdoors. Mask mandate changes. More to come? On May 1stafter being closed for more than 1 month, New Mexico golf courses reopened. Fallout for New Mexico census, LFC report. Passing […]
Who we are…
We are building a New Mexico where liberty, opportunity, and prosperity flourish.
The mission of the Rio Grande Foundation is to increase liberty and prosperity for all of New Mexico by informing citizens of the importance of individual freedom, limited government, and economic opportunity.