New Mexico’s defined benefit retirement system is massively underfunded. It has gotten that way due to politicians’ undue generosity towards government workers and their lack of will to dedicate revenues towards pension payments. Moody and Warcholik analyze the issue in their new policy paper which is available here.
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- APS wants voters to approve property tax increasePublished on 2018-11-07
- APS will ask voters for property tax increasePublished on 2018-11-07
- New Mexico Land Commissioner Race Draws National AttentionPublished on 2018-11-02
- Rail Runner sees drop in ridershipPublished on 2018-11-01
- UNM, higher ed in desperate need of reformPublished on 2018-10-29