I was asked by KRQE Channel 13 to discuss efforts by the federal government to take funds from Toby Martinez’ (who stole from taxpayers in the Municipal Courthouse scandal alongside Manny Aragon) pension in order to fulfill Martinez’ restitution requirements. Unfortunately, according to my reading of New Mexico law, the Feds can’t tap Martinez’ pension under New Mexico law despite his criminal conviction. Astonishingly, according to the report, Martinez’ pension is worth upwards of $473,000 which is illustrative of the incredible generosity of New Mexico’s underfunded pension systems. Watch the full interview below:
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- Letters to the editor: Former school board member concernedPublished on 2019-04-13
- 4-11-2019 Green activists who oppose Trump’s methane rule rollback are ful...Published on 2019-04-12
- U.S. Senate Public Lands Bill Would Declare 1.3 Million Acres As WildernessPublished on 2019-04-11
- Ezzell gets high marks from free-market think tankPublished on 2019-04-04
- Proposed New Mexico Renewable Energy Mandate Could Raise PricesPublished on 2019-04-03