New Mexico has a renewable portfolio standard (RPS) that mandates that so-called “renewable” sources account for 10 percent of all power generated by 2011; 15 percent for 2015; and 20 percent for 2020 and thereafter. While environmentalists would have us believe that these government regulations will create jobs and spur economic growth, the real story is far different. According to a new study commissioned by the American Tradition Institute and the Rio Grande Foundation finds that New Mexicans will pay $2.3 billion more for electricity than they otherwise would because of the RPS. The new study can be found here. A “quick findings” page can be found here.
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- APS wants voters to approve property tax increasePublished on 2018-11-07
- APS will ask voters for property tax increasePublished on 2018-11-07
- New Mexico Land Commissioner Race Draws National AttentionPublished on 2018-11-02
- Rail Runner sees drop in ridershipPublished on 2018-11-01
- UNM, higher ed in desperate need of reformPublished on 2018-10-29