New Mexico’s defined benefit retirement system is massively underfunded. It has gotten that way due to politicians’ undue generosity towards government workers and their lack of will to dedicate revenues towards pension payments. Moody and Warcholik analyze the issue in their new policy paper which is available here.
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- Lawmaker confident about criminal justice reform’s chances of passagePublished on 2019-01-10
- Press Release: Buckeye InstitutePublished on 2019-01-09
- Forum held on proposed APS tax hikePublished on 2019-01-08
- APS asks public to approve property tax increasePublished on 2019-01-08
- Martinez will leave state better than she found itPublished on 2018-12-30