New Mexico has a renewable portfolio standard (RPS) that mandates that so-called “renewable” sources account for 10 percent of all power generated by 2011; 15 percent for 2015; and 20 percent for 2020 and thereafter. While environmentalists would have us believe that these government regulations will create jobs and spur economic growth, the real story is far different. According to a new study commissioned by the American Tradition Institute and the Rio Grande Foundation finds that New Mexicans will pay $2.3 billion more for electricity than they otherwise would because of the RPS. The new study can be found here. A “quick findings” page can be found here.
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- BriefcasePublished on 2018-02-18
- Time for local governments to lead on right to workPublished on 2018-02-13
- Congress May Resurrect Earmarks. In Some States, They Never Went AwayPublished on 2018-02-11
- Other counties could benefit from Sandoval County’s leadPublished on 2018-02-10
- No Gas Tax Hike for AlbuquerquePublished on 2018-02-07
RGF on the Air!
Listen to “Foundation Fridays” every Friday from 4:30 to 6:00pm and “Tipping Point” from 1:00pm to 2:00pm every Saturday!