On this week’s two-part show, Paul discusses;
- New Mexico’s unemployment rate remains stuck at 6.1% in November.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Albuquerque is the only major New Mexico city that is keeping up with employment growth in neighboring states.
- A legislative panel is pushing for raises for government employees in New Mexico.
- Is it necessary? A new report from Key Policy Data finds that New Mexico state/local worker compensation is much higher than for private sector workers.
- A new report from the Institute for Justice looks at occupational licensing and finds that New Mexico is too restrictive when it comes to licensing.