I was asked by KRQE Channel 13 to discuss efforts by the federal government to take funds from Toby Martinez’ (who stole from taxpayers in the Municipal Courthouse scandal alongside Manny Aragon) pension in order to fulfill Martinez’ restitution requirements. Unfortunately, according to my reading of New Mexico law, the Feds can’t tap Martinez’ pension under New Mexico law despite his criminal conviction. Astonishingly, according to the report, Martinez’ pension is worth upwards of $473,000 which is illustrative of the incredible generosity of New Mexico’s underfunded pension systems. Watch the full interview below:
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- The City of Las Cruces is at it againPublished on 2018-08-14
- Gov. Martinez right to pursue licensing reformsPublished on 2018-08-11
- N.M. voters to see impact of Local Election ActPublished on 2018-08-04
- New Mexico Voices: Gov. Martinez right to pursue licensing reformsPublished on 2018-08-01
- What to know about San Juan County’s proposed right-to-work ordinance R...Published on 2018-07-17