I was asked by KRQE Channel 13 to discuss efforts by the federal government to take funds from Toby Martinez’ (who stole from taxpayers in the Municipal Courthouse scandal alongside Manny Aragon) pension in order to fulfill Martinez’ restitution requirements. Unfortunately, according to my reading of New Mexico law, the Feds can’t tap Martinez’ pension under New Mexico law despite his criminal conviction. Astonishingly, according to the report, Martinez’ pension is worth upwards of $473,000 which is illustrative of the incredible generosity of New Mexico’s underfunded pension systems. Watch the full interview below:
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- New Mexico Voices: Is raiding Permanent Fund for pre-K money the answer?Published on 2018-03-13
- CEI Joins Coalition Letter to President Trump Urging Reconsideration of Aluminum...Published on 2018-03-06
- City Council approves tax hikePublished on 2018-03-05
- Viewpoint: Hike ABQ’s gross receipts tax? Not so fastPublished on 2018-03-05
- Proposed ABQ tax hike seeing varied reactionPublished on 2018-03-02
RGF on the Air!
Listen to “Foundation Fridays” every Friday from 4:30 to 6:00pm and “Tipping Point” from 1:00pm to 2:00pm every Saturday!