I was asked by KRQE Channel 13 to discuss efforts by the federal government to take funds from Toby Martinez’ (who stole from taxpayers in the Municipal Courthouse scandal alongside Manny Aragon) pension in order to fulfill Martinez’ restitution requirements. Unfortunately, according to my reading of New Mexico law, the Feds can’t tap Martinez’ pension under New Mexico law despite his criminal conviction. Astonishingly, according to the report, Martinez’ pension is worth upwards of $473,000 which is illustrative of the incredible generosity of New Mexico’s underfunded pension systems. Watch the full interview below:
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- Like Facebook, Holtec could bring high-paying jobs, tax benefitsPublished on 2018-06-03
- Holtec nuclear storage proposal sensiblePublished on 2018-05-31
- State needs to use oil and gas bonanza wiselyPublished on 2018-05-30
- ‘Right-to-work’ supporters eye other counties; Political groups, think tank ...Published on 2018-05-30
- Pearce’s decision opens door for four GOP candidatesPublished on 2018-05-30