I was asked by KRQE Channel 13 to discuss efforts by the federal government to take funds from Toby Martinez’ (who stole from taxpayers in the Municipal Courthouse scandal alongside Manny Aragon) pension in order to fulfill Martinez’ restitution requirements. Unfortunately, according to my reading of New Mexico law, the Feds can’t tap Martinez’ pension under New Mexico law despite his criminal conviction. Astonishingly, according to the report, Martinez’ pension is worth upwards of $473,000 which is illustrative of the incredible generosity of New Mexico’s underfunded pension systems. Watch the full interview below:
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- CEI Joins Coalition Letter Opposing Extension of Electric Vehicle Tax CreditsPublished on 2018-11-29
- What’s Next For New Mexico’s Free Market Movement?Published on 2018-11-17
- State leaders warned about spending New Mexico’s surplusPublished on 2018-11-15
- APS wants voters to approve property tax increasePublished on 2018-11-07
- APS will ask voters for property tax increasePublished on 2018-11-07