Bloated state and local government is a real problem in New Mexico. In fact, taxpayers spent $2.9 billion in 2007 to pay excess or excessively paid government workers. Moody and Warcholik pointed this out in their previous study, “The Government Gravy Train,” but in their new study, “New Mexico’s State and Local Workforce is Too Big and Overpaid . . . But Where?,” the authors point out exactly where policymakers can find the greatest savings opportunities. The study is available here.
Search The Site
RGF in the News!
- New Mexico Voices: Is raiding Permanent Fund for pre-K money the answer?Published on 2018-03-13
- CEI Joins Coalition Letter to President Trump Urging Reconsideration of Aluminum...Published on 2018-03-06
- City Council approves tax hikePublished on 2018-03-05
- Viewpoint: Hike ABQ’s gross receipts tax? Not so fastPublished on 2018-03-05
- Proposed ABQ tax hike seeing varied reactionPublished on 2018-03-02
RGF on the Air!
Listen to “Foundation Fridays” every Friday from 4:30 to 6:00pm and “Tipping Point” from 1:00pm to 2:00pm every Saturday!