Rio Grande Foundation Speaker Series Event:
Tax Reform Activist Grover Norquist to Keynote
Rio Grande Foundation Luncheon:
What President Trump and Congress Mean
for Healthcare and Tax Reform
Click here for registration form.
Grover Norquist is president of Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), a taxpayer advocacy group he founded in 1985 at President Reagan’s request. ATR works to limit the size and cost of government and opposes higher taxes at the federal, state, and local levels and supports tax reform that moves towards taxing consumed income one time at one rate.
ATR organizes the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, which asks all candidates for federal and state office to commit themselves in writing to the American people to oppose all net tax increases. In the 115th Congress, 212 House members and 45 Senators have taken the pledge.
Grover is one of the most influential voices for free markets and limited government in Washington. What agreements will President Donald Trump and Congress come to on the all-important issues of healthcare and tax reform? How good/bad will these reforms be for taxpayers and the U.S. economy?
- Location: Marriott Pyramid located at: 5151 San Francisco Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109.
- When: Monday, April 10, 2017, 12:00 noon to 1:00pm.
- Cost: Seating is limited and can be purchased at the discounted price of $30 until Wednesday, April 5, 2017; $40 after that.
More about Grover Norquist: He chairs the Washington, DC-based Wednesday Meeting, a weekly gathering of more than 150 elected officials, political activists, and movement leaders. The meeting started in 1993 and takes place in ATR’s conference room. There are now 60 similar center-right meetings in 48 states including New Mexico.
- Serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association of America, the American Conservative Union, the Parental Rights Organization and Center for the National Interest (formerly The Nixon Center.)
- Serves as a Contributing Editor to the American Spectator Magazine.
- Serves as president of the American Society of Competitiveness.
- Authored four books: Rock the House; Leave Us Alone – Getting the Government’s Hands Off Our Money, Our Guns, Our Lives; Debacle: Obama’s War on Jobs and Growth and What We Can Do Now to Regain Our Future (with co-author John Lott) and End the IRS Before it Ends Us – How to Restore a Low Tax, High Growth, Wealthy America – published April 7, 2015.